January 19, 2014

April 29, 1984 - I'm Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today!

Game #267 - Boston Red Sox, 2 @ Chicago White Sox, 3

I chuckle at myself when it comes to deciding who gets an off day from a game of Statis Pro.  I try my best to pace off days as their managers must have in the real 1984, and I'm sure I'm taking it too seriously when I create the starting lineups.  Today I gave Julio Cruz a breather, but it didn't last long.  In the bottom of the second, Scott Fletcher ran into the wall chasing a foul ball.  He missed it and is now injured for the next three games.  That necessitated me bringing Cruz in.  All he did was go 2-2 with an RBI double, run scored, and two walks.  He was the difference as Chicago avoided the Sox sweep and ended their five game losing streak.

Winning Pitcher - LaMarr Hoyt
Losing Pitcher - Bob Ojeda
Save - Ron Reed
Player of the Game - Julio Cruz
Hall of Famers in the Game - Wade Boggs, Jim Rice, Carlton Fisk

No comments:

Post a Comment