September 17, 2014

May 5, 1984 - Seven Wins and Counting

Game #377 - San Francisco Giants, 1 @ St. Louis Cardinals, 4

Stop me if you've read this on the blog before:  the Cardinals won.  Again.

These guys can't lose.  They dispatched the Giants with relative ease as Joaquin Andujar went eight innings only giving up one unearned run.  Tom Herr smacked two doubles and Lonnie Smith went deep in the sixth inning.

I apologize for the long delay in postings!  I was on a big family vacation.  I got to see my Orioles take two from the Yankees, and also got to cross Derek Jeter off my bucket list of future Hall of Famers I can claim to have seen play with my own two eyes. 

Winning Pitcher - Andujar
Losing Pitcher - Jeff Robinson
Save - Bruce Sutter
Player of the Game - Andujar, who has won three POG's in his last three starts.
Hall of Famers in the Game - Ozzie Smith, Bruce Sutter

1 comment:

  1. That's kind of ironic, because in my replay season, the Cards had an eight game win streak. Is there a conspiracy going on?!?

    ReplyDelete