There were too many runs scored in this one to make for a coherent post! Some highlights:
- Greg Luzinski hits a two run homer in the top of the first.
- DH Rick Miller doubles home two in the bottom of the third to give Boston a 3-2 lead.
- Chicago roars back with a four run third, including a bases-clearing triple by Harold Baines, to give the White Sox a 6-5 lead.
- Greg Walker knocks a pinch hit homer for three RBI's in the seventh, 9-6 Chicago.
- Boston scores three runs in the bottom of the ninth, including a two run jack from Mike Easler, to tie the game and send it into extra innings.
- With one out in the bottom of the eleventh, Salome Barojas walks Dwight Evans. Mike Easler then hits a double to plate Evans for a walk-off victory!
Losing Pitcher - Salome Barojas
Player of the Game - Mike Easler, 3-6, 2B, HR, 3RBI's, HBP
Hall of Famers in the Game - Carlton Fisk, Tom Seaver, Wade Boggs, Jim Rice
Game #326 - Detroit Tigers, 6 @ Cleveland Indians, 3 (eleven innings too!)
Ruppert Jones hit a three run homer of Steve Comer in the top of the second to give Detroit a 3-0 lead. Cleveland chipped away at the lead over the next three innings and had tied it up by the fifth. Willie Hernandez pitched the eighth, ninth, and tenth innings as the game went into extras. Ernie Camacho tried to match his effort, but ended up yielding a three run bomb to Lou Whitaker in the top of the eleventh! Tigers win...
Winning Pitcher - Willie Hernandez
Losing Pitcher - Ernie Camacho
Save - Aurelio Lopez
Player of the Game - Whitaker, 2-6, 2B, HR, 3RBI's