October 11, 2012

April 21, 1984 - Carbonite Armas

 
Game #174 - Oakland A's, 2 @ Boston Red Sox, 10

Our four month old daughter is still crib-sleeping in our bedroom, where my computer and scanner are, and I was too afraid scanning my Tony Armas card might wake the baby.  So I lazily looked for a Google image I could use instead.

I'm so glad I did!

I have no idea who produced this but it is SWEET!  If you're a fan of the real 1984 season you would love to get your hands on the metallic version of the AL home run champion doing his best Han Solo circa Empire Strikes Back impersonation.

Speaking of home runs...Tony hit two today.  That brings him to eight on the year.  Sox pitcher Al Nipper escaped a two run first inning to pitch eight on the day.  I also realized the Red Sox have won nine straight games.  You don't easily get a sense for those kind of things when you play every game with every team.

Winning Pitcher - Al Nipper
Losing Pitcher - Steve McCatty
Player of the Game - Armas, 2-5, 2HR's, 4RBI's
Hall of Famers in the Game - Rickey Henderson, Wade Boggs, Jim Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment