October 21, 2012

April 21, 1984 - Shalom, Salome

Game #177 - Seattle Mariners, 6 @ Milwaukee Brewers, 1

I've decided to make a more concerted effort to ensure a player is only appearing on one team at a time.  As such, I made this Salome's last appearance for the Mariners until the All-Star Break (he's currently in the White Sox bullpen).

Boy did he make it count!

Barojas went eight innings, scattering five hits and a walk while striking out three.  In his three starts for Seattle this season he's 3-0.  That accounts for half of the Mariners' wins.  I have a feeling they're going to miss him...

(And a big shout out to the Kingdome, which is featured in this pic.  I lived in the Seattle area for three years as a kid and saw a bunch of games here - I loved it despite all the flack it usually gets...)

Winning Pitcher - Salome Barojas
Losing Pitcher - Mike Caldwell
Player of the Game - Barojas
Hall of Famers in the Game - Robin Yount

No comments:

Post a Comment